Tuesday, June 30, 2009

things that make me go grrrrrr.......

hiyall,
I found out something very interesting today. did ya know that a store can charge YOU for using your debit card? yup! 2.5% extra tax for the previledge of using YOUR money. I received a email today from a pickle posse member (its a online quilting group) asking ' what to use for money these days?'. she stated in her letter, which I have copied and pasted here:


has anyone else been listening to the news and catching up on the latest in Bank fees, credit card fees, and debit card fees? The story on our news last night had me digging thru the internet today and I am stunned. Apparently because the Govt. stepped in and told the Banks and CC companies they could no longer do unfair % hikes, they are now gauging you in every little way imaginable. (not they weren't already) Take for instance today, my mom went to the local plant nursery to buy a few bedding plants. At the check out is a new sign..."How will you pay"?...what is that my mom asks...Well, said the lady, we no longer accept checks, if you use a bank debit card we charge 2.5% more, and if you use a CC we now charge an additional 5%, to cover the fees the bank now charges us for those transactions! WTF????? So I went back read more..and YES, now if you use your debit card, (which is supposed to be like YOUR cash) #1, the place you use can/will charge you a 2.5% transaction fee on top of your purchase and taxes!, #2- If you use it for small purchases, your bank can now HOLD the processing of that transaction until you have spent $100...meaning if you do not check your bank acct. every day, you might very well end up over drawn..something the bank will love, as the new OD fee went up again to nearly $30.00..meaning if you are just over $20, you end up paying some 3,500% interest on that in fees and loans from the bank....

I went back and checked 2 receipts, one from wally world and one from the grocery store where I work. sure enough! there was that extra 2.5% added tax for using my MC/check card. the kicker is, if you buy hot foods, they add on another 7% tax for 'entertainment tax'! I looked at another receipt where I had paid cash.....straight of 5% virginia tax only. aint that something? maybe it is a good thing that the goverment stepped in and told the CC companys 'shame on you!' and put a couple of laws into place. I have to admit that I saw this in my reciept a long time ago and didnt think anything of it til today. I am not even making it from paycheck to paycheck theses days and they want to tax the shit out of it.

BTW......I finally heard from the va employment commission yesterday. apprently the deputy in charge of my case was on leave and dint finalize anything until I made a phone call last week inquiring about the 3 way call that I had on MAY 22. Its been 10 weeks since I was fired from the big orange box and I have not recieved one dime. the deputy on the phone that she that I was fired unjustifiably and that she would rule in my favor. even though I have gone back to work, its still part time and I would get part time unemployment. so it will be another 2 weeks before I hear ya or nay on the benifits. its really pissing me off, I have paid into that fund for over 20 years and I expect to get some of it back. call me greedy, I dont care, I dont qualify for any of the goverment programs cause I own my own home. screw the fact that its not paid for and that I still owe another 16 years on it. nope...I have assets that are over $1000 and I dont get nothing.....
ciao baby!
(mauh) Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment